Mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound & Cut from the Absolute Original Analog Master Tapes!
Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
Small jazz groups brought out the best in Billie Holiday -- especially groups as good as the one heard on this classic 1957 recording.
Ben Webster, Harry "Sweets" Edison, and the other members of this stellar ensemble were not just gifted soloists but sensitive accompanists as well. Lady Day was rarely more ably supported than she was on this program of sturdy standards -- and she rarely sounded more luminous.
• Limited Edition
• Mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound!
• Cut from the Absolute Original Analog Master Tapes!
• 200 Gram, 45rpm 2LP
• Pressed at Quality Record Pressings
Billie Holiday, vocals
Ben Webster, tenor saxophone
Harry "Sweets" Edision, trumpet
Jimmy Rowles, piano
Barney Kessel, guitar
Red Mitchell, bass
Alvin Stoller, drums
Larry Bunker, drums
1. Body And Soul
2. They Can't Take That Away From Me
3. Darn That Dream
4. Let's Call The Whole Thing Off
5. Comes Love
6. Gee, Baby, Ain't I Good To You
7. Embraceable You
8. Moonlight In Vermont
Recorded at Capitol Studios, Hollywood, California in 1957.