200-gram vinyl pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
The perfect bridge between classical and jazz!
Pianist/Composer Jacques Loussier has been swinging the classics for more than four decades now — ever since he formed the Play Bach Trio in the late '50s, when the union of his classical background with his interest in jazz created a remarkable success story with more than six million units sold world wide.
Jacques Loussier and his Play Bach series are a two-fold living legend.
• Loussier's music and performances bridge and amalgamate the classical and jazz genres, exemplifying the glory of each. His unique artistry is loved by audiophiles and by classical and jazz listeners alike. In 1959, Loussier hit upon the idea that was to make his international reputation, combining his interest in jazz with his love of J.S. Bach. Only a pianist with such an exceptional classical technique and deft improvisatory skill could have nurtured such a vision.
• He recorded his first Play Bach album in 1959; since then, he has recorded some 50 albums and, in fact, continues doing so. The recording industry cannot boast another example of any music produced with such unsurpassed creativity and quality for a sustained 60 years.
• 200-gram vinyl pressed at Quality Record Pressings
• Encased in matte & glossy Finish 1' 1/2" x 1' 1/2" x 1/2" box
• Includes full color 12"x12" insert
Toccata & Fugue in D minor
Air On A G String
Gavotte in D major
Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring
Gavotte in B minor
Prelude No. 1 in C major
Fugue No. 5 in D major
Pastorale in C minor
Italian Concerto: Presto
Italian Concerto: Allegro
Italian Concerto: Andante