Audio Highlights From the Crossroads Guitar Festival 2013 Released For First Time Ever On Vinyl!
Features Performances by Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, The Allman Brothers Band, John Mayer and Many More!
In addition to rousing performances of blues classics and renowned hit songs, many of the most memorable performances saw artists coming together for some stirring collaborations.
Among the highlights were the surprise pairing of John Mayer and Keith Urban for the Beatles' "Don't Let Me Down," Vince Gill and Clapton taking on "Lay Down Sally," Keb Mo and Taj Mahal covering the Sleepy John Estes' song, "Diving Duck Blues," Gill performing "Tumbling Dice" with Urban and Albert Lee and members of the Allman Brothers - Gregg Allman, Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks - joined forces for a haunting acoustic cover of Neil Young's "The Needle and the Damage Done."
As you would expect, Clapton features prominently throughout the show, including with his own band for "Tears In Heaven." The legendary guitarist also tore through the Derek and the Dominos' classic "Why Does Love Got to Be So Sad" with the Allman Brothers Band, revisiting the time in 2009 when he joined the band during their annual residency at the Beacon Theater in New York.
• 4LP Set
• Direct to board printing
• M-Pack (4-pocket LP jacket)
LP 1 - Side 1:
1. Tears In Heaven - Eric Clapton
2. Lay Down Sally - Eric Clapton with Vince Gill
3. Green Onions - Booker T. with Steve Cropper, Keb’ Mo’, Blake Mills, Matt “Guitar” Murphy & Albert Lee
LP 1 - Side 2:
1. Heavenly Bodies - Kurt Rosenwinkel
2. This Time - Earl Klugh
3. Mirabella - Earl Klugh
4. Great Big Old House - The Robert Cray Band
5. She's Alright - Doyle Bramhall II with Gary Clark Jr.
LP 2 - Side 3:
1. Bullet and A Target - Doyle Bramhall II with Citizen Cope
2. Queen of California - John Mayer
3. Don't Let Me Down – John Mayer with Keith Urban
LP 2 - Side 4:
1. Next Door Neighbor Blues - Gary Clark Jr.
2. Damn Right, I've Got the Blues - Buddy Guy with Robert Randolph & Quinn Sullivan
3. Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad - The Allman Brothers Band with Eric Clapton
LP 3 - Side 5:
1. Congo Square - Sonny Landreth with Derek Trucks
2. Change It - John Mayer with Doyle Bramhall II
3. Ooh-Ooh-Ooh - Jimmie Vaughan
4. Save The Last Dance For Me - Blake Mills with Derek Trucks
LP 3 - Side 6:
1. I Ain't Living Long Like This - Vince Gill with Albert Lee
2. Diving Duck Blues - Taj Mahal with Keb’ Mo’
3. When My Train Pulls In - Gary Clark Jr.
LP 4 - Side 7:
1. Don't Worry Baby - Los Lobos
2. Mna Na Heireann - Jeff Beck
3. The Needle and The Damage Done - Allman, Haynes, Trucks
4. Midnight Rider - Allman, Haynes, Trucks
5. Key To the Highway – Eric Clapton with Keith Richards
LP 4 - Side 8:
1. Gin House Blues - Andy Fairweather Low with Eric Clapton
2. Got To Get Better In A Little While - Eric Clapton
3. Sunshine Of Your Love - Eric Clapton